- October 10, 2017
- Posted by: wp
- Category: QuickBooks Desktop
Quickbooks Desktop Enterprise and Account 2018 now allows you to easily merge duplicate vendors names through the new Merge Duplicate Vendors feature which allows you to easily combine up four vendors, consolidate all transactions to a master vendor and update information as needed. With this new feature, you can save plenty of time cleaning up your vendor list.
Some instructions before Merging vendors:
- In which Your company file is in single user mode.
- You are NOT using an Accountant’s duplicate File (.QBA)
- Multi-Currency is not turned on.
- The vendors you are merging are not:
- Tax Authorities
- Paid through Online Banking
- For copy vendors in QuickBooks Desktop 2018:
- Access the Merge Vendors Window.
Get QuickBooks customer support: Dial 1855-441-4417
If you are using the Accountants Edition:
- Firstly go the Accountant menu,
- Then select Client Data Review
- Press on Merge Vendors.
If you are using QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise:
- Go to the Accounting tools and then click Merge vendors. Select a Master Vendor then click Merge.
- Then go to the Confirmation Prompt and Click yes on the Confirmation prompt and OK on the Merge Complete window.
Merge duplicate vendors in Quickbooks Enterprise 2018
- It is the new feature in QuickBooks Enterprise Version 2018. In which despite the fact that we have had the ability to merge one vendor into another vendor.
- Another limitation associated with Quickbooks files making use of multi-currency. To use this feature.
- You hold the master vendor in QuickBooks then you select the master vendors, and then select up to three other vendors you want to merge into your Master Vendor.
- Then Choose the applicable information from the other vendors you want to retain and migrate into your Master Vendor and the fill the application form for QuickBooks proceeds with migrating any of the identification details you selected from the other vendors into the master vendors.
- Next, it merges all of the transaction from the other vendors into the Master Vendors.
- At the conclusion of the process, Quickbooks display a message confirming “Merge Complete,” which reminds you of the location of the backup file made prior to merging the vendors.
Learn in detail about major features in Quickbooks 2018: